Music Fans Get Paid to Listen to New Songs
What is Fan Match?
- Watch the video & sign-up.
- Music arrives in your in-box.
- You get paid to listen.
- Support the bands you love.
A website that pays you to listen to music you might like? – What’s the catch?
There’s no catch. We’re trying to build the best way for music fans to discover new songs and bands they might like. In the best version we could imagine, listeners get paid a little bit for their time and attention.
Think of this a little bit like music advertising. But the musicians behind the songs aren’t just blasting their music out there to everyone. That doesn’t work – especially on the Internet. Music fans expect to be targeted and the musicians don’t want to waste their resources by targeting people who aren’t likely to enjoy their music.
We are in charge of targeting the music to your taste. The better job we do, the more music you'll discover that you like and the happier the musicians will be when we can find new fans for them. So, much of what you hear will likely be right up your alley. But, not every band you hear on Music Xray will be amazing. Many of the bands you hear are just starting out and may not be quite ready for prime time. But that’s OK. You can skip their songs after 30 seconds and you’ll still be compensated.
When you hear something you really love, we hope you’ll support the band or artist by becoming a direct fan or even by leaving a tip.
Step 1: Open a free account as a music fan and tell us about you and your favorite music in the form provided.
· All data that we collect about you is private and anonymous but the better we understand who you are and your music taste profile, the better we will be able to target you with music you're more likely to enjoy.
· We use acoustic similarity software to do this as well as a few other tricks of the trade. We aim to be the very best in our field.
· Immediately after sign-up, if there are any songs waiting in the queue for someone like you to join the site, you will immediately be assigned a track or two to hear. If not, you may have to wait until one becomes available.
Step 2: If you don't use any music apps on Facebook, just fill out the names of some of your favorite bands
· We prefer to track the music you hear on Facebook for further refinement of our targeting, but if you prefer, you can fill in a list of some of your favorite bands and solo acts.
· Once you've filled out your profile, sit back and wait to be alerted via email that you've been matched to a new song.