|Title:||Ain't Nothin Changed|
|Genres:||R&B / Soundtrack / Soul|
Written By Jamie Sparks(Socan)/Randy W. Powell(BMI)
About the artist
When you turn on a Jamie Sparks track, the music will immediately begin to release tension in the neck & shoulders. As if someone were giving you a luxurious massage, the mellow tones can smooth out any uptight or anxious feelings. The tempo, chords and melodies were specially crafted and purposely designed to make you feel good.
Singer/Songwriter/Producer Jamie Sparks has been blazing trails within the industry for years. From Cherry Brook, Nova Scotia he’s traveled throughout North America touring and recording. No stranger to awards Jamie has received the Montreal's Jazz Festival's Award of Excellence, the Professional Publishers and Songwriter Award, Winner of 7 East Coast Music Awards’s, 2 African Nova Scotian Music Awards and a Juno Nomination. And the most recent, 2009 WBLK Unsigned Hype International Artist of the Year Nomination.
Jamie has shared the stage with music industry icons such as AKON, RIHANNA, SHAGGY, & 112
The Jamie Sparks album "Fun Tonight" with tracks recorded at P.Diddy's "Daddy's House" (Bad Boy) Recording Studios in NYC, has sold thousands of copies and yielded four music videos. His music has most recently been heard on the Fox Network shows 24, CUTS on UPN, WILDCARD, DA KINK IN MY HAIR on Global and THE LIFE on ESPN. In addition to singing, he is also President of Operations for Kicksta Music Group.
If you're having a rough day, or something just ain't right...turn up the track, sit back and enjoy the musical journey!
singer, songwriter, producer, bassist and keyboardist. Began professionally in 1990
2010 Nominated for Music Nova Scotia Producer of the year
2010 ECMA for R&B/Soul Single Track Recording of the year.
2009 WBLK Unsigned Hype International Artist of the Year nomination
2008 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) for Urban Single Track and African Canadian Recording of the Year
2007 ECMA for 'ALL I NEED" Urban single Recording of the year
2007 ECMA SCOTIA MIX VOL.1 African Canadian Recording of the Year
2006 ECMA “Gonna Get Down” Urban Single Recording of the Year
2002 Juno Nomination Best R&B/Soul Recording
2000 East Coast Music Award for Urban Recording of the Year
1999 ANSMA nomin. for R&B Artist of the Year
1999 East Coast Music Award nomination for Male Vocalist of the Year.
1998 African Nova Scotian Music Assoc. (ANSMA) award for Best New Artist
1998 East Coast Music Award for Best Dance/HipHop Artist of the Year.
1997 Regional winner in the 1997 SunFM Songwriter Contest.
1997 Professional Demo Award from Foundation to Assist Canadian Talent on Records (FACTOR)
1996 Professional Publishers and Songwriters Award (FACTOR)
* SEP 2008 - "Mahalia" Vision TV
* JUL 2007 - Opened for Rihanna (Def Jam/Universal)
* JUL 2008 - Jubilee Music Festival
* JUN 2007 - Good Morning Canada
* APR 2007 - Dominican Republic
* APR 2002 - Opened for Shaggy (MCA/Universal)
* JAN 2007 - St. Francis Xavier University
* APR 2006 - Halifax Civic Centre (Juno’s Weekend)
* DEC 2005 - Pipers Pub New Years Eve (Antigonish, NS)
* OCT 2005 - Chuggles Bar (Antigonish, NS)
* FEB 2003 - 42 St. Theatre Row Studios (New York City)
* MAY 1998 - Opened for “112” (Bad Boy/Arista Records),
* OCT 2002 - Soul Cafe (42nd St. New York City)
* NOV 2002 - Ave C Cafe, Cats Cafe (New York City)
* DEC 2002 - The Village Underground (New York City)
* JAN 2003 - The Baggot In (New York City)
* JAN 2000 - Philadelphia Music Conference (Adams Mark Hotel)
* DEC 2000 - Pause TV on The WB (New York City)
* JUL 2000 - Dartmouth’s 250 Birthday (crowd of 25,000)
* JUN 2000 - ITT Sheraton Casino
* MAR 2002 - Private party at Tatamagouche Golf Course with guests Lennie Gallant, Mike Cowie,
* AUG 2000 - Sable Gas Project wrap party @ World Trade
Centre with Bruce Guthro,
* APR 2000 - Matt Minglewood, John Gracie, Liz Rigney,
* FEB 1999 - East Coast Music Awards National Telecast
* JAN 1999 - DaMix(Much Music, Canada/U.S. music TV Network)
* JAN 1999 - Open Mike w/Mike Bullard (Talk Show aired Can/U.S.
on CTV & Comedy Network
* JUL 1999 - Canada Day Celebrations in Dartmouth
* DEC 1998 - World Trade & Convention Centre (New Year’s Eve)
* JUL 1998 - Grand Opening of the New MusicWorld Store,
* MAR 1998 - Nat’l anthem & half-time show CIAU basketball finals (TSN),
* FEB 1998 - Nationally televised 1998 East Coast Music Awards Show
* MAR 1998 - Canadian Music Week showcases at the Bamboo and
Government Club Toronto, ON,
* JAN 1998 - UMOJA Talk Show
* MAY 1997 - Guest soloist on CBC/Salter Street Television
* FEB 1995 - Annual tribute concert in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
* Shot 4 videos for the album “Fun Tonight” (Unforgettable, Be Right There
Tender Love, Fun Tonight shot in Toronto & Vancouver 2000, 2001, 2002) in rotation on Much Vibe, Much More Music, BET, MTV Canada.
Songs placed in TV
- “Da Kink In My Hair” Barna-Alper / Global TV Network (2007, '08,'09)
- “Cuts” on UPN/CBS (2006)
- “G-Spot: The Series” The Movie Network 2005
- Fox Networks programs such as “American Embassy, 24” (2002)
- “wildcard” on Lifetime Network (2003-2004)
- The Life on ESPN
- Halleujah on CBC
- Breakfast Television on CTV
- Pause TV on The WB; Midnight Love on BET
* It's The Music - Reloaded (2008) Kicksta Music Group
* It's The Music (2007) Kicksta Music Group
* Scotia Mix Vol.1 (2006) Kicksta Music Group
* Gonna Get Down (2005) single Kicksta
* Jamie Sparks-Unforgettable (2000) re-released re-mixes as “Fun Tonight” recorded at Daddy’s House Recording Studios (A Division of Bad Boy Entertainment Inc. New York, NY) (2004)
* single “Unforgettable” featured on EMI Music Urban compilation 44N/63W (2000)
* Jamie Sparks: The Time (1998)
* Beat Factory "Groove Essentials" compilation CD,EMI (1997)
* seven song extended (EP) single titled: "Jamie Sparks: Git Wit U" (1996)
* Wrote the theme song for the 1994 Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission
* Appeared on the 1994 FACTOR New Artist Compilation CD.
* Won the Award of Excellence at the 1991 Jazz Music Festival held at McGill
University in Montreal for the song “Making Me Feel”
- National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS)
- President of Operations – Kicksta Music Group & Kicksta Muzik Publishing
- Owner of Smash Track Recording Studios
- Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN)
- Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI - U.S. Affiliate)
- Music Nova Scotia (MIANS)
- East Coast Music Association (ECMA)
- Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency (CMRRA)
To Hear more music from Jamie Sparks please visit